Certificate IV in Finance and Mortgage Broking (FNS40821)
Online Course | Self-paced learning
The Certificate IV in Finance and Mortgage Broking (FNS40820) replaces the previous (FNS40815) course.
NEW YEAR PROMO: Discounted from $1400 down to $990 for limited time only – offer ends June 30th
Total course fee: $1400
This qualification reflects the job roles of individuals working in finance and mortgage broking. Individuals in these roles apply theoretical and technical knowledge and skills to work autonomously and exercise judgement in completing routine activities relating to mortgage and finance broking.
The FNS40821 Certificate IV in Finance and Mortgage Broking is a practical qualification that focuses on real job-skills in each of the 12 units completed by students. Early in the course students learn how to process credit applications and prepare loan applications on behalf of clients. Students graduate with a broad knowledge of the legislation and professional work practices governing the Financial Services industry.
The FNS40821 Certificate IV in Finance and Mortgage Broking is a nationally recognised training qualification and part of the official Financial Services Training Package.
Name of Qualification:
Certificate IV in Finance and Mortgage Broking
Up to 52 Weeks
If Diploma/Advanced Diploma, is year 12 (or equivalent) required for entry?
The FNS40821 Certificate IV in Finance and Mortgage Broking course is now available. The FNS40821 is a comprehensive, nationally recognised course, approved by the Mortgage & Finance Association of Australia (MFAA) as suitable for the professional development of mortgage originators. It meets ASIC’s educational requirements for those in or wanting to join the finance industry. Successful completion of this course along with successful completion of the MFAA’s Initial Compliance Pack will fulfil the education requirements for a Finance Broker membership with the MFAA and FBAA.
The Certificate IV in Finance and Mortgage Broking (FNS40821) course comprises 12 units; eight core units and four elective units.
The eight core units to be completed are:
- FNSFMB412 – Identify client needs and present broking options
- FNSINC412 – Apply and maintain knowledge of financial products and services
- BSBPEF501 – Manage personal and professional development
- FNSCUS511 – Develop and maintain professional relationships in financial services industry
- FNSINC411 – Conduct work according to professional practices in the financial services industry
- FNSSAM411 – Sell financial products and services
- FNSFMK515 – Comply with financial services regulation and industry codes of practice
- FNSFMB411 – Prepare loan applications on behalf of clients
The four elective units have been selected by Complete Qualifications based on relevance and local industry needs. They are as follows:
- BSBOPS404 – Implement customer service strategies
- FNSSAM403 – Prospect for new clients
- BSBOPS304 – Deliver and monitor a service to customers
- BSBPEF402 – Develop personal work priorities.
There are no educational requirements for this course. However, you will need to complete an LLN (language, literacy, and numeracy) quiz prior to beginning the course. You’ll also need to register for a Unique Student Identifier (USI).
Reliable internet and access to a personal computer are also necessary to be able to complete this course.